Code of Practice
In this policy the terms:
- "Employee" includes a contractor (or a contractor’s employees); and
- “Company” refers to the Skill Hire and Regional Training Services Group.
The Company is committed to quality training and employment for all trainees, apprentices and clients by ensuring that:
- Each participant receives quality training.
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Access and Equity requirements are addressed.
- Only staff of the highest quality and experience are engaged.
Company Values and Practices
Our values and what you can expect from us.
The Company will aim for:
- Provide services which are client focused;
- Provide reliable, efficient responses to all enquiries;
- Provide an environment that fosters comfort and creativity;
- Be accountable and responsible for our decisions and actions using moderation/verification procedures across all our scope/courses;
- Ensure employees have adequate and appropriate training and receive
any ongoing support required to maintain our:
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) status under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF); and
- Group Training status under the National Standards for Group Training Organisations (GTO).
- Ensure all clients receive and understand our Student Fees Protection and Refund policies during the induction process.
- Ensure all clients receive and understand our Appeals and Grievance policy during the induction process.
- Ensure all clients receive and understand our Occupational Safety and Health policy during the induction process and clearly understand our evacuation procedures.
- Deal with competitors in a professional, ethical manner while still endeavouring to increase the Company’s market share.
- Respond to requests for information or advice in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide easy to understand, current and accurate information and advice on all issues related to our scope of delivery (courses) and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) prior to enrolment.
- Follow up and maintain communication and consultation with our clients as required.
- Maintain our liaison with industry using our current information technology networks to monitor and update our training products and services.
- Involve industry when applicable in the development of our training resources and assessment tools.
- Seek feedback from our clients in receipt of training upon completion and react to this feedback when opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Ensure all clients who complete their course successfully receive their certification and/or statements of attainment in a timely manner.
- Treat all clients with dignity, courtesy, confidentiality and efficiency.
- Show respect and understanding and be culturally sensitive.
- Continuous Feedback
- Continually assess and evaluate our services using the RTO and National Standards for GTOs quality policies and procedures, to ensure the maintenance of quality responsiveness to our clients identified needs and reflect the changes that may occur within the training packages as they occur.
- Seek our client’s views as part of the annual RTO and GTO self-assessments and evaluation process required by AQTF and the National Standards for GTOs.
- Provide the Training and Accreditation Council (TAC) and State Training Authority (STA) with an annual self-assessment report against the standards, identifying any continuous improvement actions.
- If the Company requires additions to our scope of training, we will ensure the additions align with the current industry standards and inform the TAC for approval prior to enrolling clients.
This policy will be reviewed on 31st December each year and as a standing item, include details of the date it was reviewed.
Policy Additions or Amendments
Separate to the mandated annual review, the policy may be varied at any time due to legislative changes or to fall in line with widely accepted best practices in the workplace. In the event of any changes, the policy will be updated and relevant stakeholders advised.