Combine training and employment to achieve a qualification
Australian Apprenticeships are the best way to combine training and employment and lead to a nationally recognised qualification. The nominal apprenticeship training term is three years. The nominal traineeship training term is one year.
Apprenticeships and traineeships are jobs that combine paid work and structured training. They involve paid employment under an appropriate industrial arrangement and nationally recognised training.
Apprenticeships are available to anyone of working age and do not require any entry qualifications. You can be a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or simply wishing to change careers.
- A great way to get a head start in a chosen career
- Paid work and structured training that can be on-the-job, off-the-job at TAFE or College or a combination of both
- ‘Competency based’ which means you can complete your training faster if you reach the required skills level
- Pathways to nationally recognized qualifications and skills which provide the basis for further education and training
- A pathway from school to work