Become a Host Employer
Help the generations of tomorrow understand their true potential
Hosting Apprentices and Trainees
As your business grows, so too do your staffing needs, but if labour hire doesn’t fit your needs, there are more options available to your business. There aren’t many options which provide as much satisfaction as employing an apprentice or trainee.
For businesses interested in group training, not only do you gain an extra pair of hands, but you receive the satisfaction of helping construct the foundation of the careers of tomorrow. Apprentices and trainees provide a valuable addition to your team, and with a consistently growing set of skills, you can rely on your apprentice growing to suit your business.
Should you go with a GTO?
When it comes to hosting an apprentice or trainee, there are some requirements that need to be met. However if you can’t commit to offering exposure to a full range of skills or the full amount of work required to complete their training, using a group training organisation is your answer.
The result? Using a group training model provided by Skill Hire, removes the risk and administrative requirements of apprenticeships, payroll and injury management, and leaves you to focus on the things that matter most to your business.
For complete administrative management of your apprentices, contact our group training team today.
Benefits of being a Host
As part of the Skill Hire service, our business provides a number of tangible benefits to host employers:
- With flexible terms, you don’t have to commit to 4 years with an apprenticeship, you can increase or decrease the amount of apprentices you hire at any time.
- We’re a registered training organisation, which means if you’re a bricklayer or carpenter, we have a pool of candidates who’ve already completed pre-apprenticeships and are ready to go.
- Through our subsidiary Nara Training & Assessing (RTO4581) we can make sure your apprentices have any particular high risk tickets necessary to your business.
- Skill Hire draws on a large network of apprentices to ensure we find the right fit for your company.
- Our apprentices bring their A-game – with coaching for first and second year apprentices, there’s no lost time or efficiency, we help them perform their best every day.
- We provide performance management of apprentices through dedicated field officers.
- We cover injury management and workers compensation claims.
- You only pay for the hours the apprentice is with you, there’s no need to factor in time at tafe or inclement weather.
Our Group Training team strives hard to make your life as a host employer as easy as possible, so get in touch today to see how we can help.
Skill Hire really helped me to see that I can accomplish something if I set my mind to it and I completed my course 2 months prior to the completion date. Cheers guys!
Skill Hire are helpful and professional. Nicola was attentive to all my needs. Their timesheets systems were a breeze and always update us with messages. Thanks Skill Hire
from 26 Clients on Google. A huge thank you to our wonderful clients!