Services for young people
Targeted at early school leavers, Transition to Work can help you if you’re between 15 and 21 to understand what is expected in the workplace and to develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours expected by employers. As a Transition to Work provider, Skill Hire’s Career Consultants can help you with
- Developing practical skills to get you a job
- Connecting you with education or training
- Finding you participation in work experience opportunities
- Identifying employment opportunities in your local area
- Connecting you with relevant local community services.
Services for employers
As a Transition to Work provider, Skill Hire will deliver high quality services to you if you are an employer to ensure young people meet your needs and are supported to settle into a job. We will ensure participants receive pre-employment skills development that is directly relevant to your needs as an employer. Wage Subsidies may be available for eligible young people to help you as an employer to cover costs such as hiring and training when taking on a new young employee. Skill Hire will also offer post placement support. This includes regular contact to ensure the young person is settling in and that your expectations are being met.