Skill Hire has united with Wirrpanda Foundation to deliver the VTEC program from our Skill Hire offices in Kalgoorlie and Bunbury. The Australian Government has committed to support Vocational, Training & Employment Centres (VTECs) to deliver jobs for Indigenous job seekers across Australia.
VTEC connects Indigenous job seekers with guaranteed jobs and brings together the support services necessary to prepare job seekers for long term employment. VTEC providers prepare the job seeker for a guaranteed job before the job starts and then provides the ‘wrap around’ support for the first 26 weeks of work, at no cost to the employer.
The guarantee of a job before job-specific training starts is the key feature of VTECs
Skill Hire and Wirrpanda Foundation ensure
- vocational or job-specific training is directly related to available jobs
- employers can recruit Indigenous job seekers with the right skills for specific jobs
- job seekers are responsible for opting into available jobs
- the commitment of job seekers is rewarded with guaranteed employment
An Indigenous job seeker’s participation with VTEC
VTECs are open to Indigenous job seekers and school leavers. VTEC activities are focused on finding sustainable jobs for the most disadvantaged Indigenous job seekers.
Work with us as an employer
We can offer to assist you
- identify jobs for Indigenous job seekers and establish the training requirements for these jobs
- ensure Indigenous job seekers have the skills needed for the job with training tailored to the specifications of the employer
- As the conduit for you to offer guaranteed jobs to job seekers
- continue to support you and your VTEC employee to achieve long term employment outcomes
- post placement support