FIFO Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship
We are hiring Apprentice Carpenters!
Have you been looking for an opportunity to work FIFO as a Carpentry apprentice? Well this is it!
Skill Hire are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed 2nd, 3rd and 4th year Apprentices interested in continuing and completing their Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery.
This role is available for candidates looking for exposure to Formwork / Civil Construction. This Project is FIFO and successful applicants will be on a 3:1 roster out of Port Hedland.
You are someone who is keen to get exposure to different facets of carpentry. You have been thinking about working FIFO for a while and are looking forward to a change in lifestyle. You look the heat, seeing remote parts of the world and like working closely in a team.
What you will be doing as an Apprentice Carpenter:
- Build formwork for concrete placement
- Utilise power and hand tools
- Working out calculations and using a tape measure
- Learning to read and interpret plans
- Assisting other trades
- General carpentry/housekeeping duties
- Keeping the work site tidy.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Bring good vibes and support your fellow teammates.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate + penalties + site allowance
- Get a foot in the door to the highly sought-after FIFO Lifestyle
- Have a week off a month to relax & recharge
- Gain exposure to other facets of carpentry
- Lose the morning commute
- Access to brand new Camp Facilities. Flights and accommodation are included
- A chance to meet people who share your interests
- Must have commenced a Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship with exposure to Formwork
- You show pride & passion for your work.
- Prepared to work longs days in hot conditions
- Eager to learn new skills.
- Can be trusted with a nail gun.
- Have a clear idea why you want to work FIFO, do some research, and show us that you've thought about it. This can especially help if you're lacking experience.
- Have a driver's licence
- Hold a White-Card
- You can pass a Pre-Employment Medical Exam, which includes a Drug and Alcohol Screen.
If you are ready to take a step towards an apprenticeship, please hit "Apply" below or email Sophie.Wycherley@skillhire.com.au
About Skill Hire:
Skill Hire are one of Australia’s Premier Employment and Training Providers specialising in an array of different business and employment services solutions including training and labour hire.
Join Our Mailing List
Skill Hire really helped me to see that I can accomplish something if I set my mind to it and I completed my course 2 months prior to the completion date. Cheers guys!
Skill Hire are helpful and professional. Nicola was attentive to all my needs. Their timesheets systems were a breeze and always update us with messages. Thanks Skill Hire
I just wanted to thank Skill Hire's EST Trainers. Nathan is the absolute best trainer I’ve ever had privilege to meet by a WIDE margin and I appreciate everything done for all of us. I’m ecstatic about the internship opportunity.
Not only did Skill Hire respond quickly to our urgent need, your team took the time to understand our organization and our needs. The people sent to help out were outstanding and their ability to rapidly adapt to our workplace eased our burden during what was a very challenging few months.
My son has thoroughly enjoyed the Construction Pathways course. He spent the last 18 months being home schooled and not socializing with anyone so to see him eager to get up and leave the house every day still blows my mind. Simon, thank you for your understanding and taking extra care with my son.
I wanted to say a big thank you to Skill Hire and the team, especially Wayne for such an amazing experience for our students. All of our students were thoroughly engaged with the course and learned many valuable skills.