Wall & Ceiling Fixing Apprentice Opportunities
We are hiring Wall & Ceiling fixing Apprentices!!
Due to high demand, Skill Hire are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed candidates who are interested in Carpentry or Wall & Ceiling Fixing Apprenticeships.
This role available is working on a major and exciting Multiplex Project, based in the CBD.
What you will be doing as an Apprentice Wall & Ceiling Fixer:
- Constructing of commercial internal spaces
- Wall & Ceiling Fixing
- Cladding with timber & aluminium
- Utilise power and hand tools
- Working out calculations and using a tape measure
- Learning to read and interpret plans
- Assisting other trades
- General carpentry/housekeeping duties
- Keeping the work site tidy.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Bring good vibes and support your fellow teammates.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate + penalties + site allowance
- Close to Elizabeth Quay Train Station
- Excellent City Views
- Gain exposure to other facets of Commercial Construction
- PPE Supplied
- Work alongside experienced tradesmen
- A chance to meet people who share your interests
- Previous Construction Experience
- You show pride & passion for your work.
- Eager to learn new skills.
- Can be trusted with a nail gun.
- EWP & Working at Heights desirable
- Have a driver's licence
- Hold a White-Card
- You can pass a Pre-Employment Medical Exam, which includes a Drug and Alcohol Screen.
If you are ready to take a step towards an apprenticeship, please hit "Apply" below
Join Our Mailing List
Skill Hire really helped me to see that I can accomplish something if I set my mind to it and I completed my course 2 months prior to the completion date. Cheers guys!
Skill Hire are helpful and professional. Nicola was attentive to all my needs. Their timesheets systems were a breeze and always update us with messages. Thanks Skill Hire
I just wanted to thank Skill Hire's EST Trainers. Nathan is the absolute best trainer I’ve ever had privilege to meet by a WIDE margin and I appreciate everything done for all of us. I’m ecstatic about the internship opportunity.
Not only did Skill Hire respond quickly to our urgent need, your team took the time to understand our organization and our needs. The people sent to help out were outstanding and their ability to rapidly adapt to our workplace eased our burden during what was a very challenging few months.
My son has thoroughly enjoyed the Construction Pathways course. He spent the last 18 months being home schooled and not socializing with anyone so to see him eager to get up and leave the house every day still blows my mind. Simon, thank you for your understanding and taking extra care with my son.
I wanted to say a big thank you to Skill Hire and the team, especially Wayne for such an amazing experience for our students. All of our students were thoroughly engaged with the course and learned many valuable skills.