Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeship
Location: Geraldton, Gascoyne & Midwest
Skill Hire are looking for our next Carpentry & Joinery Apprentice. You will be carrying out your on-job training with a well-known and reputable client in Geraldton, whilst specializing in Roof Carpentry.
Skill Hire is a leading Group Training Organization who will employ you, place you onsite and support you throughout your apprenticeship. As part of the Skill Hire family, you will have access to industry specialist mentors with specialized experience, training on relevant OH&S requirements, information and support throughout the management of an injury, coordination with your TAFE as well as general trade support.
What we’re looking for:
- You will be ambitious, hardworking and eager to learn
- Have an awareness of safety issues, especially for working at heights
- Be physically fit, able to pass pre-employment medicals including drug and alcohol testing
- Able to provide a clean National Police Clearance
- Able to use your own initiative, ask questions and have high attention to detail and workmanship standards
- Be able to contribute and work as part of a team and with others onsite, including; apprentices, tradesmen and labourers
- You should hold a current C-Class drivers licence, or be working towards
- Ideally you will have recently completed, or be undertaking a Building & Construction Pre-Apprenticeship
Short-listed candidates will be required to produce a clean Alcohol and other Drugs screen, as part of screening processes.
This is not a FIFO/DIDO position, and is open to residents of Geraldton.
To apply, provide a covering letter accompanied with your resume (minimum of two contactable references).
In Person: 130A Flores Rd, Webberton
Shortlisting and interviewing will commence immediately, position will close when the position has been filled. Whilst all applications are reviewed, due to high-volumes of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.