Three and four day Try-A-Trade programs come at no cost to the student or school
Skill Hire are fully funded through the Construction Training Fund (CTF) to deliver Try-A-Trade programs to school students from years 9 and 10. All programs are hands on and provide students with an insight and taster in the industry.
Try-A-Trade programs can be delivered at our purpose built training facility or at any suitable school location.
Our Try-A-Trade program covers:
- Basic understanding of OHS standards and site signage
- Gain basic hand and technical skills
- Take part in practical projects
- Workplace behaviour, verbal communication and workplace expectations
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Planning, prioritising and organising work tasks
- Personal protective clothing and equipment
- Combination of two different trade areas (carpentry and bricklaying)
Who can attend:
Programs are open to students from years 9 and 10 and are ideal for students that have expressed an interest in a trade based career but are unsure if this is a career they wish to pursue. We require a minimum of 12 students and a maximum of 16 students per group.
Semester two is open to years 9 and 10 with a 50/50 ratio.