Transition To Work
Transition To Work
Transition to Work is a Government initiative that supports young people, aged 15 to 21 years of age, on their journey to employment. With a strong focus on practical intervention and work experience to build skills, confidence and readiness to engage in employment, Transition To Work is another way we work to help youth get career ready!
With a strong focus on practical intervention and work experience to build skills, confidence and readiness to engage in employment, Transition To Work is another way we work to help youth get career ready.
As a part of the Transition To Work (TTW) service:
Young People will receive intensive, pre-employment support to improve their work readiness and to help them into work or education, including apprenticeships or traineeships.
Employers will receive help from TTW providers to recruit young employers who meet their business needs.
To learn more about the program and how we can help, speak to our Transition to Work team using the button below.
Services for young people
The Transition to Work service has a strong focus on helping young people to understand what is expected in the workplace and to develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours expected by employers. As part of the program, participants:
- Devevlop practical skills to get work
- Connect with training or education
- Find and participate in work experience opportunities
- Identify employment opportunities in the local area
- Connect with relevant local community services
Services for Employers
As a TTW provider, we work with employers of all industries to ensure that young people meet their needs and are supported during their transition into working life.
- Our TTW team will work to help participants through pre-employment skill development relevant to the employment opportunities and labour market conditions.
- When an employer hires an eligible participant of our TTW program, we can offer a wage subsidy of up to $6,500 over 12 months, helping reduce the cost of hiring and training.
- As part of the program, we also offer post placement support, including regular contact to ensure the participant is settling in and that expectations are being met.
Eligibility & How to start
To be eligible for Transition to Work, you must be an early school leaver aged between 15 and 21, regardless of your income support status.
To join our TTW program, you can either:
- Get referred to us through your local jobactive provider
- Get referred to us through Centrelink
- Register directly with us
Skill Hire really helped me to see that I can accomplish something if I set my mind to it and I completed my course 2 months prior to the completion date. Cheers guys!
Skill Hire are helpful and professional. Nicola was attentive to all my needs. Their timesheets systems were a breeze and always update us with messages. Thanks Skill Hire
I just wanted to thank Skill Hire's EST Trainers. Nathan is the absolute best trainer I’ve ever had privilege to meet by a WIDE margin and I appreciate everything done for all of us. I’m ecstatic about the internship opportunity.
Not only did Skill Hire respond quickly to our urgent need, your team took the time to understand our organization and our needs. The people sent to help out were outstanding and their ability to rapidly adapt to our workplace eased our burden during what was a very challenging few months.
from 26 Clients on Google. A huge thank you to our wonderful clients!